1. When was the land under Diamond Woods Golf Course and the Inn at Diamond Woods purchased?
2. Jeff Doyle played for two major league baseball teams in two different countries. Which teams did he play for? What years?
USA -St. Louis Cardinals (1983) Japan – Nankai Hawks (1984, 85)
3. Greg Doyle worked in the construction of and the irrigation specialist for what two great Oregon golf courses?
Pumpkin Ridge and Trysting Tree
4. What year did Greg Doyle leave his job to begin working, full-time, 24/7, 365, on designing and building Diamond Woods?
5. What year did Diamond Woods earn the special-use permit to build the golf course?
6. What is the course record at Diamond Woods Golf Course? Who set it? What year?
63 shot by PGA tour player Matt Jones in 2002 during the Nationwide Qualifier
7. What other PGA star shot a 64 at Diamond Woods in 2008?
PGA Star Webb Simpson in 2008 during the Nationwide Qualifier
8. It took four years to decide on the name for the course. What was the controversial name that never made it but was voted for by 6-1?
Rattlesnake Creek Golf Course – slogan “the course will really bite you!”
9. What were the three other names proposed for the course?
Coffee Gap, Frog Hollow and Bridge Creek
10. Where did the final name of Diamond Woods come from?
Diamond from baseball and Woods from Mr. and Mrs. Woods who sold us their property. Mrs. Woods, the last living of the two, passed away on the day of our grand opening.